About

I am a current student at University of East London, studying Graphic Design and Printmaking. Art has been my passion ever since I discovered a pencil. I can’t place myself to a specific genre but if I absolutely had to it would be somewhere in between Graphic Design and Illustration. As a young artist I am still trying to define my style of work, so far I would describe it as accurate and delicate. I like to take great care of each piece and make sure it is produced to high quality or else it is not worth exposing to the world, I am definitely a perfectionist when it comes to my own work. Living in digital age it is hard to ignore all the amazing software, however I believe that handmade pieces are so much more valuable and precious compared to digital. It takes great determination to producing a handmade piece, making unintentional mistakes part of the work often leads to uniqueness, such work cannot be re produced which makes it very admirable. I guess I try to re bell against all the brand new techniques on purpose, because I like spending time on solving problems that could be corrected in no time on computer software. I get my inspiration from quite literally everywhere

Thursday

Obey - Sound & Vision

Sound and Vision exhibition was a single artist show by Shepard Fairey, held at the Stolen Space Gallery. I thought this show was one of the most interesting ones I have seen so far in terms of layout and curating. There was a small exhibition in the main gallery, few steps outside on the corner there was a store selling Obey merchandise, even the shop had some lovely touches to it in the theme of this show. In another, much bigger space was where the main exhibition took place. And he pasted his works around Shoreditch in order to promote the exhibition. You could really make an evening out of this whole event. As a viewer I was intrigued and couldn't get enough of the art work. Shepard Fairey uses such a big variety of materials and techniques to produce his work, sometimes big masses of work can be unpleasantly overwhelming like when you go to a museum for example, but this was different because each piece had so much character and vibrancy to it there was no way of getting sick of seeing everything. 
I cant put my finger on a favourite piece of his, but I do like a couple of techniques he used. Collage is one of them, he pastes on layers up on layers of various aged advertisement and newspaper sheets to create a background and then screen prints designs on to it. Second technique is screen printing on to metal and wood, its something I always wanted to try. 
Overall the show was great, he really made an event out of an exhibition, we don't get too see many other artists doing so very often.