About

I am a current student at University of East London, studying Graphic Design and Printmaking. Art has been my passion ever since I discovered a pencil. I can’t place myself to a specific genre but if I absolutely had to it would be somewhere in between Graphic Design and Illustration. As a young artist I am still trying to define my style of work, so far I would describe it as accurate and delicate. I like to take great care of each piece and make sure it is produced to high quality or else it is not worth exposing to the world, I am definitely a perfectionist when it comes to my own work. Living in digital age it is hard to ignore all the amazing software, however I believe that handmade pieces are so much more valuable and precious compared to digital. It takes great determination to producing a handmade piece, making unintentional mistakes part of the work often leads to uniqueness, such work cannot be re produced which makes it very admirable. I guess I try to re bell against all the brand new techniques on purpose, because I like spending time on solving problems that could be corrected in no time on computer software. I get my inspiration from quite literally everywhere

Thursday

New York Kings

New York Kings was a group show, held at the Pure Evil Gallery. This exhibition contained many famous graffiti writers from NY. "A unique exhibition of the godfathers of graffiti art using New York subway maps as their canvas to tell their 30 year story while remaining true to their roots. This is a rare opportunity to see examples of a genre that is often temporary by its very nature." 
Pure Evil gallery is a very small and hidden space, but it suited this particular exhibition perfectly, as the public doesn't get much insight in to the world of graffiti writers anyway. 
I really enjoyed this exhibition, there were many outstanding works, some of my favourite techniques were collaging and preparing backgrounds for the final piece.