About

I am a current student at University of East London, studying Graphic Design and Printmaking. Art has been my passion ever since I discovered a pencil. I can’t place myself to a specific genre but if I absolutely had to it would be somewhere in between Graphic Design and Illustration. As a young artist I am still trying to define my style of work, so far I would describe it as accurate and delicate. I like to take great care of each piece and make sure it is produced to high quality or else it is not worth exposing to the world, I am definitely a perfectionist when it comes to my own work. Living in digital age it is hard to ignore all the amazing software, however I believe that handmade pieces are so much more valuable and precious compared to digital. It takes great determination to producing a handmade piece, making unintentional mistakes part of the work often leads to uniqueness, such work cannot be re produced which makes it very admirable. I guess I try to re bell against all the brand new techniques on purpose, because I like spending time on solving problems that could be corrected in no time on computer software. I get my inspiration from quite literally everywhere

Thursday

Pick Me Up: Graphic Art Festival

Pick Me Up is a graphic art festival, filled with may upcoming talented artists, printmakers and designers. Held right by the river bank at Somerset House, it has been a kicking off the perfect start to sprint for the past few years. I haven't noticed much change in terms of layout of the exhibition from last year, I guess its all about viewing the works and taking part of workshops, the layout itself doesn't play a big part in the exhibition as such. This year I saw quite a few new featured artists and the exhibition, who are worth keeping an eye out for, such as Malarky and Hettie Stewart. Both artists have a unique style and a lot of vibrancy going on in their works. While Hettie Stewarts's works are more paper based, Malarky is out and about on the streets making London a more colourful place. 

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the whole show, it was filled with all kinds of people, creatives and those who just enjoy the art. Having numerous workshops around the place also adds to the relaxed and happy environment, and its great that you can learn a new skill while enjoying yourself at an exhibition. 
I always walk away inspired after Pick Me Up shows, this year I cant wait to be able to come up with my own projects and produce more works.   

SOMA
Malarky
Malarky 
Hattie Stewart
Hattie Stewart