About

I am a current student at University of East London, studying Graphic Design and Printmaking. Art has been my passion ever since I discovered a pencil. I can’t place myself to a specific genre but if I absolutely had to it would be somewhere in between Graphic Design and Illustration. As a young artist I am still trying to define my style of work, so far I would describe it as accurate and delicate. I like to take great care of each piece and make sure it is produced to high quality or else it is not worth exposing to the world, I am definitely a perfectionist when it comes to my own work. Living in digital age it is hard to ignore all the amazing software, however I believe that handmade pieces are so much more valuable and precious compared to digital. It takes great determination to producing a handmade piece, making unintentional mistakes part of the work often leads to uniqueness, such work cannot be re produced which makes it very admirable. I guess I try to re bell against all the brand new techniques on purpose, because I like spending time on solving problems that could be corrected in no time on computer software. I get my inspiration from quite literally everywhere

Tuesday

Wooden Toy Quarterly

This was a small pop-up exhibition at the Concrete Hermit Gallery, Wooden Toy Quarterly is essentially a magazine that features art work from mostly street artists and graphic designers. In this particular show they were featuring screen prints of Timba Smits, customised 12" vinyl's and selling their quarterly magazine editions. The gallery also has a shop, which sells street art, illustration and graphic design books so this exhibition was perfect for the chosen space. 
Work was presented in a a very original way, it felt like I was entering their personal shop as you could purchase the books that were on display and there was a cabinet with Wooden Toy Quarterly logo lit up from the inside which had the records hanging inside. The exhibition included an interactive piece, viewers had to push the button and one of the custom vinyl's span around on the wall display. I thought was great, pieces like that always make exhibitions more exciting and break it down from just looking at the work. My favourite pieces were the customised spray cans with gloomy colours, the illustration style was exactly what I am interested in at the moment. 
The atmosphere was vibrant and I was surrounded by so many reds, blues and wooden textures, it created a great mood and I just wanted to stay and observe pieces for as long as possible. After viewing this exhibition I felt like creating some of my own three-dimensional pieces and experimenting more with colour and textures. 
Over all it was a great experience its always nice to view the work I liked seeing online in real life, makes me appreciate it even more.